Sunday, December 4, 2011

This BernieDongXi Loves

DongXi, in Mandarin Chinese means stuff or things.
But I’m not really about the excessive accumulation and adoration of stuff.
I believe in the Bible. I therefore believe that ‘...a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions...' as taught by Jesus in Luke 12:15. 


And while this blog is on one level autobiographical, on another and deeper level, it is not about me per say.
Here again I’m guided by the Bible which teaches us to ”Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.”Philippians 2:3. 
A week or so ago, while trying to reinstate an old Skype account, I was reminded of the username I had chosen: ‘Youfirst01’. I wish I could change it to ‘Youfirst101’…like the first course in learning how to live a life that puts others first. 


So then, my hope  is that by creatively opening up to you about who I am, using videos, photographs, favorite websites and music etc., you might graciously grant me a few nuggets about you... perhaps using your favorite movies, music, photos, websites, person, book or whatever you like. 


BerniDongXi is therefore secondary; you are primary.


PS. I wish this was my first post on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Bernie! Its me Timothy Huang. I will be back in town December 15th

    ReplyDelete